The Nutrition Center at Holmes Place offers a comprehensive approach to diet and nutrition, with the message: "eat well-live well", as it focuses on the highly variable human factor. The modern approach to a healthy diet and treatment of overweight issues or obesity, presupposes a general change in dietary attitudes and a move towards healthy eating habits.
The Nutrition Center’s approach:
At the Nutrition Center we educate member s in 5 basic techniques. These techniques are the cornerstone of a successful outcome:
- Nutritional Education: to lose weight and keep it off, you must learn what leads to weight gain.
- Stimulus Control: At the same time, we learn how to limit our portions and how to food-shop without getting carried away.
- Nutritional Behavior: A simple way to control the food stimulus is to predetermine what we are going to eat. Proper eating behavior contributes greatly to lifestyle changes in general.
- Physical Activity Control: the role of exercise in weight control is well documented and cooperation between Nutritionist and Trainer is necessary in order to create the ideal, individualized program.
- Avoid Relapse: All of the above will have value if we can stick to our new, healthy habits. Avoiding relapse is "key" to our success!